Project Title: Strengthening food safety TVET & higher education in Bangladesh (NUFFIC-funded project; OKP-BGD-104475)
Key project outputs:
- Relevant, accessible and attractive MSc and Short Courses on Food Safety curricula and training material developed based on labour market needs;
- Competence of lecturers to teach food safety in MSc program and short courses enhanced;
- Access to laboratory analyses and staff competencies of BAU and SAU to carry out analyses enhanced;
- Higher education and research opportunities created for people already dealing with food safety issues and employed at different universities, research institutes and government departments or other organisation; Need for centre of excellence evaluated, and strategy developed in case of GO decision by relevant stakeholders;
- Awareness and capacity enhanced to safeguard inclusiveness and diversity;
- Relationships among consortium partners and linkages with local relevant stakeholders sustain during and after the project lifespan, well-embedded institutionally in the Bangladeshi context.
Project funded by: Netherlands Organisation for International Cooperation in Higher Education (NUFFIC). OKP (Orange Knowledge Program).
Project period: June 2020 – December 2021
Requesting Organization: Interdisciplinary Institute for Food Security, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh
Dutch Project Partner: Stichting Wageningen Research & Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation, the Netherlands
Bangladesh Project Director: Prof. Dr. Farida Yeasmin Bari, Director, Interdisciplinary Institute for Food Security, BAU
Bangladesh Project Coordinator: Prof. Dr Harunur Rashid, Department of Fisheries Management, BAU